I’m making a beautiful, elegant notecard today with the help of the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. The machine requires the use of a die cutting machine as well, which is sold separately.
Don’t be intimidated by the Glimmer machine. This is the first time I used it, and I had great success after an initial two or three practice runs. Some things to keep in mind:
- Use the proper foil. Regular foil will not work. You need the kind designed for this machine.
- Place your paper down on a surface.
- Place your Glimmer plate where you want it, face down. Use a small piece of low tack tape only on the tips of the top of the place create a kind of a hinge and hold it in place.
- Cut your foil to the proper size using scissors or the Spellbinders Quick Trimmer.
- Slide your foil under the Glimmer plate and on top of the paper with the pretty, shiny side up.
- I find the best results happen if I flip this “sandwich” upside down before I place it on the Glimmer machine.
- When the ready indicator light lights up solid, you can place the thin shim and then the spacer pad on top and remove it to run it through your die cutting machine.
The foil plates I used for this project are the Spellbinders Stitched Alphabet Notecard Sentiments (with the words: “Be Bold” and “a note from me to you.”) and the Diamond Floral Frame. In addition, the Stitched Alphabet die in the letter z was used. In case you weren’t aware, you can foil with most metal wafer thin dies (0.8 mm thick), not just glimmer plates!
In case you didn’t also know, you can use the glimmer plates and foil machine to foil on fabric, ribbon, and leather in addition to cardstock and watercolor paper.
Please enjoy the video to see how it’s done.
You may also find more information here: You can learn more about this machine here: https://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/getting-started-with-glimmer/#glimmer-faq.
These links are FREE for you to use and I will receive a small portion of any purchases you make using Amazon and Share a Sale links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spellbinders Platinum 6 Machine: https://shrsl.com/3fh78 (Small one)
Spellbinders Stitched Alphabet Dies: https://shrsl.com/3it7j
Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Machine: https://shrsl.com/3j5no
Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil in Blush Color: https://shrsl.com/3j5np
Spellbinders Quick Trimmer for foil and paper: https://shrsl.com/3j5nq
Neenah Exact Vellum Bristol, 8.5″ x 11″, 67 lb/147 GSM, White, 94 Brightness, 250 Sheets (80218) https://amzn.to/3LB4wjj
Tombow Mono Sand Eraser (for erasing over-foiling): https://amzn.to/3PCIos8
Electric Eraser: https://amzn.to/3sPCYQx
Core’dinations Cardstock in Purple: unavailable (it was 65lb, but you may want a heavier weight fore the card base)
Self adhesive rhinestones and pearls in various sizes: https://amzn.to/3wyEPvz
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker set of 24: https://amzn.to/3sOZUzy Or the set of 6:
https://amzn.to/3Nqz4W9 ( I used LV3, which is included with both of these sets).
Teflon bone folder (it is supposed to not leave a burnishing mark or shine on the paper: https://amzn.to/2QYdHE5
EK Success Craft Tweezers (reverse): https://amzn.to/3tFzPBS
Tombow Mono Liquid Adhesive: https://amzn.to/37DhjRI